Listen to the show
Watch the show
- Sam Bankman-Fried Sent to Jail: Cryptocurrency mogul Sam Bankman-Fried was sent to jail for tampering with witnesses and violating his bail package.
- FTX's Offshore Entity: FTX's offshore entity raises questions about the source of their funds and their meetings with Gary Gensler and members of Congress.
- Celebrity Endorsements: Celebrities like Larry David, Tom Brady, and Steph Curry were hired to promote Sam Bankman-Fried's businesses, but they were not to blame for his actions.
- Airdrop for XRP Holders: An airdrop is coming for XRP holders.
- Uphold's Resilience: Uphold did not waiver in their support of XRP as a non-security, even during the SEC lawsuit against Ripple.
- Ripple's Battle: Ripple did not bend the knee during their legal battle with the SEC and fought back with top attorneys and a strong defense.
- Songbird Controversy: Flair token for XRP holders created controversy when Songbird was issued. Stress testing was done, but many didn't receive their Songbird.
- Hook Side Chain: Smart contract platform built on XRPL, coming soon. Three considerations for eligibility for the airdrop: self-custody, clone account on the hook sidechain, and not holding XRP on exchange.
- Airdrop Eligibility: The snapshot date is September 1 at 6 PM EST. Eligible for airdrop if holding XRP on an off-exchange account at snapshot date and meeting other conditions.
- Participation Opinions: Community opinions sought on airdrop participation and implications, including tax implications.
- Airdrop Distribution: 5,160,960 EVER tokens are to be distributed based on the number of participants who claim them.
- Snapshot Participation: Self-custody wallets will be part of the snapshot, but not necessarily participating in the airdrop.
- Bittrex settles charges with SEC: Bittrex and its co-founder agreed to settle charges of operating an unregistered national securities exchange broker and clearing agency with the SEC.
- SEC's role in protecting investors: The SEC is one of the largest creditors in the Block Five bankruptcy, protecting all investors, mainly retail investors, from scams.
- XRP non-security status: John Deaton heavily talked about XRP being a non-security asset, while legal minds debated whether it is a commodity or security.
- Interoperability of CBDCs: The interoperability part of the CBDC itself is more than likely to be built on a private ledger, while XRP doesn't have anything to do with it.
Links to Articles We Discuss
Return of the XRP - SEC WARS
Epic Fail Hall of Fame inducted Gary and the SEC on July 13, 2023. Their XRP-as-security claim collapsed while XRP coolly moonwalked into the sunset, sporting its sparkling legal clarity like a new pair of Ray-Bans.
Ripple Strikes Back – SEC WARS – T-shirt
The SEC dropped a lawsuit at the end of 2020 alleging that Ripple sold XRP as an unregistered security. Ripple Strikes Back. Game on Bitchez.